How they work.
UltroWater®, Clear Flo® and Clear Flo Plus® reverse osmosis (RO) drinking water systems guide water through a multi-stage filtration process. This unique design eliminates the need for individual connections between filtration stages. The external in/out, quick-connect fittings install easily by attaching and locking flexible tubing in place.
- The manifold system directs the water through a sediment carbon pre-filter, ensuring chlorine-free and particle-free water in the first step of the filtration process.
- Water is then directed through the membrane – the heart of the system. The membrane acts as a filter to trap and isolate contaminants substantially reducing dissolved solids invisible to the naked eye.
- From the membrane, water is channeled through the carbon post filter as a secondary filtration process. Contaminants that slip past the membrane are removed and absorbed. The water is then stored in the pressure tank for on-demand use.
- This highly pure water, however, can pick up tastes and odors from any holding tank. Therefore, when drawn to the tap, the water is run through one last carbon filtration process. This assures you of the highest quality drinking water.
- The Clear Flo Plus model comes with a built-in booster pump that helps to maintain the system’s maximum feed rate production and performance rating.