Drink More Water
Did you know the human body comprises around 60% water? It should be no surprise that the recommended amount of water the average person should consume daily is about 3.2 liters (13.5 cups) daily.
Water is one of the most essential parts of human life, and many do not consume nearly enough of it. Understanding the health benefits of drinking water, learning how to get clean drinking water right from the faucet at home, and figuring out creative ways to help you consume more water are all important steps in helping you reach your daily hydration objectives.
Health Benefits of Drinking Enough Water
Drinking enough water has numerous benefits for the human body, like helping to regulate body temperature and assisting in the transportation of nutrients. Even your brain knows when you are short on water and will initiate the “thirst” mechanism. If your brain tells you that you are thirsty…listen to it! Below are some other health benefits of staying adequately hydrated.
- Great Dieting Aid: Drinking water is a weight loss strategy many people use today. There are no hidden benefits here; if you replace your sugary soda or juice with water, you will, in turn, absorb fewer calories. Drinking water can also give you the feeling of being full, which can kill many of our mid-day cravings.
- Can Help You Look Healthier: If your body lacks hydration, your skin can be a tell-tale sign. Dry and wrinkled skin can be a result of improper hydration. Your skin’s elasticity is dependent upon your body having enough water. Instead of applying globs of lotion to your hands and face, first, make sure you are getting enough fluids into your body. Keep your skin healthy and smooth by drinking plenty of water.
- Assists in Bowel Movements: Constipation can also result from inadequate hydration. If your body isn’t getting enough water, the colon has no choice but to grab water from stool in the digestive tract. The result of this is constipation. Pairing a high-fiber diet with plenty of water should be enough to keep your bowels functioning properly.
Reverse Osmosis System: A Convenient Way to Get Pure Water At Home
If you find that you and your family are not drinking enough water, there are easy solutions to increase your intake. Drinking more water at home is the easiest way to reach your daily water goal. However, the water quality in your house may not necessarily entice you to fill your water bottle or glass from the kitchen tap. Instead of buying cases of pricey bottled water from the store, consider installing a reverse osmosis drinking water system in your home. Reverse osmosis (RO) is a multi-stage water treatment process in which pressure forces molecules through a semi-permeable membrane. The water moves from the side more concentrated with contaminant to the less concentrated side, leaving behind the impurities contributing to taste and odor problems. The result of this is purified drinking water.
During the first stage in a reverse osmosis drinking water system, water moves through a carbon block filter to remove some of the larger sediments and particles while reducing chlorine. After that, it moves in through the semi-permeable membrane, which will capture unwanted contaminants like lead, arsenic, nitrates, chromium, total dissolved solids (TDS), and fluoride, to name a few. Next, the water is filtered by another carbon filter for any remaining taste or odor issues. It finally travels to a storage tank, so you have an ample supply of freshly filtered water ready whenever you need it.
These RO systems are convenient long-term drinking water solutions and can be installed underneath your kitchen sink to have clean, fresh drinking water right from your tap. The Evolve Series UltoWater® RO system is an excellent solution if you are looking for an easy way to increase your family's water consumption. These units are economical and bring healthy water to your home with ease. Each UltroWater® RO system is NSF/ANSI Standard 58 certified, which has been proven to reduce impurities like arsenic, lead, copper, and more.
What Can I Do to Make Sure I Am Getting Enough Water?
You know the health benefits of drinking more water and now you have clean RO water from your kitchen sink. But what are some things you can do to make sure you are getting enough?
- Instead of grabbing a soda or coffee before heading to work, fill up a reusable water bottle at home. This way, you know exactly how much water you’ve consumed and how much more is needed before you achieve your daily goal.
- If replacing your morning coffee with water is not an option, try drinking two full glasses at every meal. Most people naturally can’t eat food without having something to wash it all down with. Why not water?
- Consider tracking your water consumption using a fitness app on your phone or mobile device, logging a journal, or using a measured water bottle. The act of tracking can help you turn your daily water intake efforts into a solid habit over time.
- Finally, using filtered water, you can always wind down from the day with a cup of herbal tea before bedtime. This is a relaxing and healthy way to increase your fluids and help you to feel less dehydrated in the morning.
If you feel like you aren’t meeting your body’s daily water intake needs and are looking for an effective way to get excellent drinking water right at home, an Evolve water treatment expert would be happy to help you. Find an authorized dealer in your area and see the best water treatment system for you.